The game of Roulette traces its origins origin to France in the 18th century. The word “Roulette” is a French diminutive word meaning the “little wheel”. The game first spread in Europe before crossing the Atlantic on its way to the United States. In America, the game was to undergo modifications such as the addition of the double zero.
Keep on reading our roulette guide for beginners and get started today with one of the omst traditional casino games.
Roulette is played in a specially designed table. There are two version of the Roulette table:
• American roulette (double zero)
• French roulette (single zero)
The game does not require special skills to play compared to the casino games of black jack or poker. The player choice of betting is influence primarily by the risk. A player makes a wager with chip straight-up (betting on a single number) or a player can choose to spread the risk and concede on a lower prize. This is done by setting his chips on a corner covering four squares. This option only pays out eight times the original bet. Just like all casino games, for you to enjoy the game of Roulette, you need to first understand roulette rules, tips and strategies of the game before you start playing.
The Roulette table is constructed in an elevated platform. The table has betting positions and positions that are inscribed in rectangles. This is where the chips are placed to show a bet.
There are different betting options available to a player. Winning varies with respect to the betting odds.
• Color bets- the simplest betting option where you bet on winning colors. To bet, place your chip in a black or red colored circle which is located on the outside of the betting board.
• Even and odd bets- when you bet on an even, you win if the number is 2, 4, 6, or 8. If you bet on an odd, you win if the outcome is 1, 3, 5 etc.
• Half bets- this is gives you the option to bet on a 1-18 or 19-36. Winning pays 1 to 1.
• Line bets- numbers on boards are placed in three lines. Winning pays 2 to 1.
• Single bets- for a single bet; place the chip right on the number you want to bet. Winning on single bet pays 35 to 1 this means that if you bet $10 you will get $350. On the American version, the chances of winning is 1/38 while on the European style, the chances of winning is 1/38.
• Single combination bets- this bet can be places in a variety of ways. According to the rules, whatever numbered rectangles the chip touches, it is taken to be covered by a bet. Winning pay is 35 divided by the number of bets covered. If it is not a whole number pay is less.
Roulette has many playing strategies compared to other casino games; there is not strategy that is acceptable across the board. Often players come with their own strategies with an aim of beating the house. It is recommended that as a player, you should learn various strategies and possibly blend them to come with a winning formula. Some of the common strategies and system of playing used include:
• Biased wheels
• Specific betting systems
• Labouchere system
• D’Alembert system
• Place a chip on the table rather than tossing.
• Changes for cash are to be done between spins
• All bets are considered as courtesy bets.
• Drinking and eating should not be done is the betting area.